When companies today build their IT strategy for the next five or ten years, they face a lot of challenges on their way, e.g.:
- a complex and grown IT landscape with SAP und Non-SAP systems
- a constant change of priorities between operations and innovation
- a world around companies them with more and faster changes with new competitors growing customer demands
On the other side, every organization must invent new business models to avoid disruption, increase efficiency, fund innovation and transform mission-critical systems without business risk. What are reasons for that?
- 50% of human tasks will be automated by 2025 (World Economic Forum - Future of Jobs 2020 )
- 20% of revenue growth will come from "white space" offerings by 2025 (IDC FutureScape - Doc # US45599219)
- 90% of data and analytics innovation will be driven by public cloud services by 2022 (Gartner Data Analytics 2020)
That leads to important strategic priorities for your business, e.g., automating tasks, finding new opportunities, and using data to drive revenue.
To tackle this points, SAP driven companies should think about their ERP architecture and build a S/4 HANA or even a cloud strategy. At this point typically some challenges with arise: